Platinum catalyst is a kind of catalyst with high activity and high catalytic efficiency in silicone rubber curing. Platinum catalyst can efficiently catalyze the addition reaction of Si-Vi and Si-H without side reaction. Besides, platinum catalyst also has the advantages of good stability and strong anti-toxic, which can avoid the formation of black substances in the process of storage or use, and reduce the influence of nitrogen and sulfur-containing substances.
In addition to the above advantages, platinum catalyst material also has the advantages of good selectivity, less by-product, little influence on the transparency of the compound, high transparency products and eco-friendly chemical feature. Platinum catalyst has no toxic gas release in the vulcanization process.
The application fields of platinum catalyst are given below:
- Platinum catalyst can be used as a catalyst for liquid addition silicone rubber, silicone gel,
addition molding compound, electronic potting adhesive, silica gel ink and so on.
- Catalysts for synthesis of polyether silicone oil, amino silicone oil, etc.
- Other applications of hydrosilylation reaction.
- Paper separator
- Modified organosilicon
The main factors for the catalyst.
- Valence state of platinum: zero-valent platinum is the most active. Sometimes, there is a small amount of Pt2+.
- The existence of oxygen or not: oxygen can accelerate the hydrosilylation reaction. From the hydrosilylation reaction mechanism, oxygen is the promoter.
- The effectiveness of inhibitors and retarders is based on the production needs to apply to inhibit or delay the hydrosilylation reaction. (G
- enerally organic peroxides, methyl isobutyl alcohols, other low boiling ethynyl alcohols, tetravinyl tetramethyl cyclotetrasiloxanes, and nitriles)
- Dosage of inhibitor or retarder: 1-5% of liquid silicone rubber. In order to slow down or stop the platinum sulfurization process, 1-3 drops of the inhibitor are
added to 100 g of polymer.(Note: Common inhibitors and Retardants: vinyl siloxane, ethynol, dimethylfumaric acid. However, vinyl methylcyclosiloxane is the most convenient one to use, which is odorless, stable, and easy to store.)